Friday 17 April 2015

The Friday 56



The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice.

The rules are simple-
1. Grab any book.
2. Turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader.
3. Find any sentence or few.
4. Post it.

I picked the closest book to me-




Angelfall by Susan Ee


"I’m up in a flash and kicking his head before he recovers. I kick him so hard his head whiplashes back and forth.

“Nice.” The angel stands watching in the moonlight behind his bloody cart.

Around him are the moaning bodies of our intruders. Some of the bodies are so still I can’t tell if they’re alive. He nods appreciatively as though he sees something he likes. I let myself have an internal tongue lashing when I realize I’m pleased by his approval.
A guy staggers up and runs for the door. He holds his head as though afraid it will fall off. As if that was their cue, three more get up and stumble out the door without looking back. The rest lie panting on the ground.

I hear a weak laugh and realize it’s the angel.“You looked ridiculous with those wings,” he says. His lip is bleeding and so is a cut above his eye. But he looks relaxed as his smile lights up his face."


2 comments:

  1. I've heard of this one but didn't think it was for me. Now I think I'll try it. I do love angels, especially nasty, sarcastic ones. LOL
    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/17/the-friday-56-58-terror-never-sleeps-by-richard-blomberg/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pulled me right in and I was much like Laura, disinterested preciously.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete